Bay Area Poodle Rescue
Bay Area Poodle Rescue is a nonprofit rescue organization located in the San Francisco Bay Area. BAPR is dedicated to rescuing poodles and poodle mixes. We place our dogs in Northern California only. Our Mission is to rescue and re-home adoptable poodles that have been abandoned in shelters or surrendered by their owners. We also act as a resource for poodle owners and potential poodle owners who have questions about the breed. We primarily serve Northern California, but provide referrals to other rescues and resources when we receive inquiries from out of our area.
- Fill out an application
- A volunteer will contact you for a telephone interview.
- If it seems like you might be a good match, we will arrange to do a home visit to ensure your home environment is appropriate for the dog.
- Once you pass the home inspection, you will be invited to meet the dog. This is your opportunity to spend time with the dog. The entire family that will be living with the dog should attend the meeting, along with any existing dogs owned by the family.
- If you are selected to adopt the dog, you will pay an adoption fee ranging from $250 to $500 and sign an adoption agreement.
- You will have a two-week trial period to return the dog and receive your money back. If you need to return the dog after the two-week period, we will take the dog back, but you will not receive a refund.