Listed November 19, 2016
Age: 5 yrs.
Weight: Not Specified
Adult Size: Less than 10 lbs.
Views:This pet has been viewed 39 times.
DescriptionTerrier / Chihuahua / Mixed "short coat"
Meet Jigsaw, a 3-4 year old Chihuahua/Terrier mix weighing about 14lbs who just wants to be someone's little lap warmer! This little guy was found as a stray, but was unfortunately never claimed by an owner. He was understandably scared in the shelter, but is showing his true colors in a foster home! Jigsaw is all sorts of cuddly and will even gently nudge your hand when you stop petting him to remind you that he loves getting loved on! He'll trot around as your little shadow, or at least make sure to keep a careful eye on you from his resting spot! He loves to give kisses and is perfectly content settling down next to you if you are working. He has an adorable slight underbite which makes one side of his lips catch on his teeth on occasion. He is a wonderfully darling little boy who will happily greet his people with a wagging tail and happy wiggles! Jigsaw has done great with other dogs, though we are not certain about how he does with cats. When he first meets strangers, he strongly believes that 'the best defense is a good offence' and likes to make himself up to be a big dog by barking at them, but within just a minute or two of introduction with some treats, he opens right up into the happy, smiley boy he really is! And once he knows you, he's your friend for life! Are you looking for a little lovey-dovey bundle of joy to join your family? Jigsaw may be just the one!
If this posting is up, this dog is still available!
Thank you so much for your interest in one of our adoptable dogs. If you have questions, please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Our volunteer adoption committee will do its best to answer your inquiry within 24 to 48 hours.
If you are interested in adopting please read the following to expedite your application.
1. Return to our website at http://www.yolospca.org
2. Fill out an adoption application at http://bit.ly/1PIWjIA
3. If you are interested in meeting multiple animals please put all their names on one application.
4. The adoption committee will email you to confirm receipt of your application as long as you have an email address listed on your application.
5. If the dog is a good match for your family, a volunteer will call you to set up a meeting. The Yolo County SPCA is a volunteer run organization and are usually only able to call back if the dog would be a good match for your family based on the information received from the volunteer foster families.
All of our canines are altered (spayed & neutered), puppies are started on their shots (DAPP), adults are up to date (rabies and DAPP) and have been heart worm tested (negative) and all dogs are microchipped. The adoption fee is $150 (which covers all of these costs) for all dogs and puppies. We also have special discounted adoption fees for Chihuahua mixes, at $100 for Chihuahua mix puppies and $50 for Chihuahua mix adults.
THERE IS NO SHELTER FOR YOU TO VISIT BECAUSE WE ARE A FOSTER BASED ORGANIZATION. IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, WE REMOVE OUR ANIMALS FROM OUR SITE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED.
The Yolo County SPCA is a private, not-for-profit animal rescue organization. All of our animals awaiting adoption are in foster homes. For more general questions please visit www.yolospca.org or contact us through email at (email@example.com).
Adoption Fee Details
The adoption fee includes:
• Rabies vaccination (other vaccines as needed)
• Spay or neuter
• feline leukemia test for cats and heartworm test for dogs.
• Microchip and registration
An adult cat or dog will have been given all of its vaccinations.
A kitten or puppy will be current on the vaccinations appropriate to its age; the adopter will be responsible for additional vaccinations needed after the adoption.
Adoption fees for dogs and cats:
• Dogs/Puppies: $175
◦ Senior (65+ years) discount:
◾ $75 for dogs 5 years of age or older
◾ $140 for dogs under 5 years of age
• Cats: $60
◦ Kittens (under 1 year): $90
◦ Ask about our second cat/kitten discount!
◦ All cats/kittens are required to go home in a carrier.