Listed March 04, 2018
Age: 5 yrs.
Weight: Not Specified
Adult Size: 26-60 lbs.
Breed:German Shepherd Dog
Views:This pet has been viewed 12 times.
DescriptionGerman Shepherd Dog (medium coat)
Sweet Sasha was found running along a road in Sacramento. We were thrilled to find a chip on this little lady, but, sadly, the owner told us she no longer wanted this girl.
We don't know why. She's fantastic. Maybe she didn't understand the German Shepherd breed and their unwavering loyalty--it may have been mistaken for clinginess--if you are in the bathroom, she is in the bathroom. She wants to be with her people, and she bonds quickly.
She is probably 50-60 lbs and I'm going to guess about 2 years old. She had a litter at some point, but her teeth look good. She likes to toss around a squeaky toy!
She is a fairly quiet dog. She crates easily if her person is in the room with her, but does try to get out if her person leaves the room (and has been successful on two occasions). She has not had an 'accident' in the house. She is living with several dogs now and ignores them, unless one approaches while she is getting attention from her person, in which case she barks and tells them to back off. She would probably prefer to be the only dog and with someone who is home quite often.
I saw a little bit of cat chasing that made me think she's be best in a home without cats.
Please consider adding this girl to your home!
If this posting is up, this dog is still available!
Thank you so much for your interest in one of our adoptable dogs. If you have questions, please e-mail (email@example.com). Our volunteer adoption committee will do its best to answer your inquiry within 24 to 48 hours.
If you are interested in adopting please read the following to expedite your application.
1. Return to our website at http://www.yolospca.org
2. Fill out an adoption application at http://bit.ly/1PIWjIA
3. If you are interested in meeting multiple animals please put all their names on one application.
4. The adoption committee will email you to confirm receipt of your application as long as you have an email address listed on your application.
5. If the dog is a good match for your family, a volunteer will call you to set up a meeting. The Yolo County SPCA is a volunteer run organization and are usually only able to call back if the dog would be a good match for your family based on the information received from the volunteer foster families.
All of our canines are altered (spayed & neutered), puppies are started on their shots (DAPP), adults are up to date (rabies and DAPP) and have been heart worm tested (negative) and all dogs are microchipped. The adoption fee is $150 (which covers all of these costs) for all dogs and puppies. We also have special discounted adoption fees for Chihuahua mixes, at $100 for Chihuahua mix puppies and $50 for Chihuahua mix adults.
THERE IS NO SHELTER FOR YOU TO VISIT BECAUSE WE ARE A FOSTER BASED ORGANIZATION. IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, WE REMOVE OUR ANIMALS FROM OUR SITE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED.
The Yolo County SPCA is a private, not-for-profit animal rescue organization. All of our animals awaiting adoption are in foster homes. For more general questions please visit www.yolospca.org or contact us through email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Adoption Fee Details
The adoption fee includes:
• Rabies vaccination (other vaccines as needed)
• Spay or neuter
• feline leukemia test for cats and heartworm test for dogs.
• Microchip and registration
An adult cat or dog will have been given all of its vaccinations.
A kitten or puppy will be current on the vaccinations appropriate to its age; the adopter will be responsible for additional vaccinations needed after the adoption.
Adoption fees for dogs and cats:
• Dogs/Puppies: $175
◦ Senior (65+ years) discount:
◾ $75 for dogs 5 years of age or older
◾ $140 for dogs under 5 years of age
• Cats: $60
◦ Kittens (under 1 year): $90
◦ Ask about our second cat/kitten discount!
◦ All cats/kittens are required to go home in a carrier.